How to Donate to the library:
- Book donations accepted Monday - Friday from 10:00 am - 3:00 pm.
- Thank you for thinking of us for your book donation! We accept new and gently used books and magazines for the Bookstore.
- We unfortunately cannot pick up books at individuals' homes.
- You may drop small donations of books and magazines at the Library's delivery entrance, right next to Outdoor Book Return. (Ring Service Bell)
- Larger donations (up to 3 boxes) may be dropped at the Library's delivery entrance Monday - Friday from 10:00 am - 3:00 pm.
- We do not accept: Encyclopedias, VHS & Cassettes, Text Books/Training Guides, Newspapers, Damaged Books, Condensed Book Series (4 titles in 1).
- We accept: Hardback and paperback books in good condition and magazines.
- Gifts of print and nonprint materials will be evaluated according to criteria described in the Seguin Public Library Collection Development Policy.
- Not all gifts of materials will be added to the collection and will be disposed of at the discretion of the library.
- These items may be given to the Friends of the Seguin Public Library for book sales, donated to other organizations, recycled or discarded.
Gifts and Donations Policy
- The Seguin Public Library welcomes gifts and donations that support the mission of the library and serve to enhance library services and resources.
- Monetary gifts will be utilized by the library to: purchase materials, equipment or furniture; support library programs; or in other ways the staff, Library Board and City deem appropriate.
- The library welcomes gifts of cash for the direct purchase of library materials and will try to accommodate the subject or title preferences of the donor in so far as they coincide with the Seguin Public Library Collection Development Policy. A bookplate recognizing the donor will be affixed to print material if desired.
- Donations may also be submitted directly to the Public Library Foundation or the Friends of the Seguin Public Library. Both organizations provide funds to support the library’s services and programs and are tax-exempt 501(c)3 organizations.
- Friends of the Seguin Public Library Memorial & In Honor Program