DEVELOPMENT SERVICES CENTER
CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC BEGINNING
MONDAY, MARCH 23
Our staff will still be on-site to serve you remotely.
Customers are able to access services and resources remotely via the City’s website, www.seguintexas.gov by clicking on the Planning/Codes or the Engineering Department web page. Customers can also directly contact department staff by phone or email. A staff directory is available on the Planning/Codes & Engineering web page.
A customer service representative will be available at 830-386-2230 to direct calls to staff, answer questions, and provide additional information about remote access to the department’s services.
To schedule an appointment to meet with a staff member for services that cannot be provided remotely by phone, through e-mail or online, please call 830-386-2230.
** Requirements for garage sale permits are being suspended until further notice.
** NOTE: The 2% credit card processing fees are being temporarily waived to better assist our customers make payments over the phone.
- Unified Development Code
- Code of Ordinances
- Technical Manual
- Development Guide-Commercial Redevelopment
- Development Guide-New Commercial Construction
- Plan Review Submittal Process (Studies, Plans, Plats)
- Sign Ordinance
- Interlocal Agreement
- 2020 Meeting Schedule & Application Deadlines (Zoning, Specific Use Permits, Plat & Zoning Variances)
- Plat Application Submittal Due Dates
Click for a larger image
Site Plan Process
The City has recently created a new Site Development Permit. This permit does not add new regulations, but instead provides a convenient, streamlined tool for review and approval of items required for site development such as grading, landscaping, and site design. When a vacant tract is developed, or when a developed tract is changed, a Site Development Permit may be required.
Site Permit Application and checklist is available here. Applications for Site Permits should be submitted to Francis Serna in the Planning Department.
Boards and Commissions:
Planning and Zoning Commission
- The Commission is comprised of nine (9) members, appointed by the City and is responsible for overview of the physical development of the city including administration of the zoning and subdivision ordinances.
- Planning Commission meetings are held on the second Tuesday of every month at 5:30 pm, in the City Council Chambers.
- Upcoming Agendas
Zoning Board of Adjustments
- The Zoning Board of Adjustment is comprised of (7) members appointed by the City Council. The Board of Adjustment reviews and takes action on applications for zoning variances, special exceptions and appeals from administrative decisions involving the zoning ordinance.
- Zoning Board of Adjustment meetings are held on the second Thursday of every month at 5:30pm in the City Council Chambers.
- Upcoming Agendas
Link to the Technical Manual
Long Range Planning
The City of Seguin plans for long-term success. The documents on this page are a reflection of the community's values and serve as a blueprint for Seguin's future.
Comprehensive Plan (adopted 2008)
The Long Range Planning Committee is charged with:
- Advocating for the implementation of the Comprehensive Plan recommendations
- Reviewing progress toward such implementation
- Facilitating plan application
- Preparing progress and status reports at strategic intervals
- Upcoming Agendas - LRPC
The City determines its boundaries through the annexation process.
Requests for Annexation By Property Owners:
VAN12-19-19 Request Map