Any exterior building improvements requiring a building permit are required to submit plans to the Historic Design Review Committee (HDRC) for review prior to beginning construction. The HDRC will provide a Certificate of Appropriate Design when plans are approved.
Signage in the downtown historic district is regulated by the Historic Design Review Committee. A sign permit is required and signs must be installed by a licensed sign contractor. The process for obtaining a building permit or sign permit begins in the City of Seguin Planning Department located in City Hall at 205 N. River. It is recommended that contact be made with the Main Street Program located at 211 N. River Street prior to developing and submitting plans for exterior renovations and signage. Free design assistance is available through the office and through the Texas Historical Commission Main Street Program.
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD ORDINANCES FOR DOWNTOWN
- Historic Preservation Ordinance
- Historic Design Review Application for Certificate of Appropriate Design
- Historic Design Review Guidelines (Note: Large file)
- Historic District Sign Guidelines
- DHD Zoning and Land Use
- City of Seguin Code of Ordinances
- Downtown Use Request
- Section 70-5
- Banner Ordinance
- Street Event Ordinance
- Street Event Fee Ordinance
- Downtown Tax Exempt Ordinance
- Downtown Historic District Fee Waiver