Seguin Animal Services is offering summer reading fun! We offer a quiet sitting area to read and socialize with our shelter guests out of the kennel or cage. It reduces stress and makes them more adoptable. This will also help less confident readers have time to read aloud without judgement.
Contact SAS for any questions or just stop by!
Paws to Read is available for any ages. Anybody under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm
Saturday: 9:30am - 12pm
Volunteering at the Shelter
Adult volunteers (18+) and children 13 years old and older with a direct adult supervisor may work in a variety of positions inside the new shelter. An in-person interview and orientation are required before starting. To add your name to the list for an interview, please email our volunteer coordinator at Volunteer Coordinator and let her know you're interested. Additionally, please click here for a fillable PDF application which must be completed and delivered to our volunteer coordinator who will soon be located at our new facility at 555 Fred Byrd Drive.
A variety of jobs are available for working directly or indirectly with animals. Volunteering at the Animal Shelter is perfect for individuals and couples who want to work regularly flexible schedules.
Types of Opportunities
- Greeter - Adoption Visitation Assistant
- Administrative Assistant
- Cat Photographer/Videographer
- Dog Photographer/Videographer
- Laundry Attendant
- Cat Room Attendant/Visitation and Adoption Consultant
- Dog Room Attendant/Visitation and Adoption Consultant
- Kennel Attendant/Cleaning Helper/Dog Exerciser
- Special Event/Off-site Volunteer Assistance
- Must be at least 18 years old and schedule an in-person interview
- May be 13 years old and older with direct adult/guardian supervision.
- Must attend an orientation and training