Volunteering at the Shelter
Adult volunteers (18+) and children 13 years old and older with a direct adult supervisor may work in a variety of positions inside the new shelter. An in-person interview and orientation are required before starting. To add your name to the list for an interview, please email our volunteer coordinator at Volunteer Coordinator and let her know you're interested. Additionally, please click here for a fillable PDF application which must be completed and delivered to our volunteer coordinator who will soon be located at our new facility at 555 Fred Byrd Drive.
A variety of jobs are available for working directly or indirectly with animals. Volunteering at the Animal Shelter is perfect for individuals and couples who want to work regularly flexible schedules.
Types of Opportunities
- Greeter - Adoption Visitation Assistant
- Administrative Assistant
- Cat Photographer/Videographer
- Dog Photographer/Videographer
- Laundry Attendant
- Cat Room Attendant/Visitation and Adoption Consultant
- Dog Room Attendant/Visitation and Adoption Consultant
- Kennel Attendant/Cleaning Helper/Dog Exerciser
- Special Event/Off-site Volunteer Assistance
Volunteer Dress Code
- Must be at least 18 years old and schedule an in-person interview
- May be 13 years old and older with direct adult/guardian supervision.
- Must attend an orientation and training
- Agree to make a 3 month commitment to volunteer at the shelter
- Volunteer for minimum of 8-10 hours per month
- Volunteer shirt provided after completion of mandatory orientation.
- Volunteer aprons provided and returned to shelter each shift.
- No open toe shoes please.
- No dangling jewlery please.