Become a part of SAS Dream team!
Adult volunteers (18+) and children 13 years old and older with a direct adult supervisor may work in a variety of positions inside the new shelter. For more information please email our volunteer coordinator at Volunteer Coordinator and let her know you're interested. Additionally, please click here for a fillable PDF application which must be completed and delivered to our volunteer coordinator who will soon be located at our new facility at 555 Fred Byrd Drive.
A variety of jobs are available for working directly or indirectly with animals. Volunteering at the Animal Shelter is perfect for individuals and couples who want to work regularly flexible schedules.
Types of Opportunities
- Greeter - Adoption Visitation Assistant
- Administrative Assistant
- Cat Photographer/Videographer
- Dog Photographer/Videographer
- Laundry Attendant
- Cat Room Attendant/Visitation and Adoption Consultant
- Dog Room Attendant/Visitation and Adoption Consultant
- Kennel Attendant/Cleaning Helper/Dog Exerciser
- Special Event/Off-site Volunteer Assistance