Who should get tested?
- The following people should get tested for COVID-19:
- People who have symptoms of COVID-19.
- People who have come into close contact with someone with COVID-19 should be tested to check for infection:
- Fully vaccinated people should be tested 5–7 days after their last exposure.
- People who are not fully vaccinated should get tested immediately when they find out they are a close contact. If their test result is negative, they should get tested again 5–7 days after their last exposure or immediately if symptoms develop.
- People not fully vaccinated with COVID-19 vaccine who are prioritized for expanded community screening for COVID-19.
- People not fully vaccinated with COVID-19 vaccine who have been asked or referred to get testing by their school, workplace, healthcare provider, state, tribal, local, or territorial health department.
To locate testing sites in the area, please visit:
TX COVID-19 Test Collection Sites (arcgis.com)
Click here for more testing information.
You can now order up to 4 COVID-19 tests from the U.S. Postal Service for FREE. Use the following link to order a home test: COVIDtests.gov - Free at-home COVID-19 tests