Following Governor Abbott’s Executive Order and under the guidance of City management, the library will continue to expand its limited services gradually and proceed into the third phase going into effect on Monday, June 8, 2020.
Based on Governor Abbott’s plan, the library is deemed an interactive, educational space, designed for collaborative use, therefore, we have made the following changes: to maintain social distancing while enforcing sanitation guidelines. The 1st floor and 2nd floor will be available for patrons to use. Limited seating will be available. Limited number of computers on the 2nd floor are available for use, some computers will be temporarily marked unavailable to ensure social distance between patrons.
Per city ordinance masks are required to enter the library. Patrons refusing to wear a mask or face covering will be kindly asked to leave.
Here is what to expect when visiting:
Beginning September 5, 2020, we will be offering Curbside Pickup Service between 10:00 am and 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday and Saturday 10:00 am - 5:00 pm. Customers may browse materials and request holds through the online catalog at https://seguin.biblionix.com/catalog/, by calling 830.401.2422 or by texting 830-549-4698.
• 1st and 2nd floor will be open, with max occupancy of 229
• Curbside will still be available
• Masks or facial coverings are required when visiting
• Limited number of computers on the 2nd floor will be available
• Computer usage time of two hours for library card holders, and one hour for guest users.
• Limited seating at tables now available
• Self-checkout will be encouraged
• Patio/Deck open
• Friends Book Sale Store open
• No Meeting Spaces
• No Onsite Library Events
• Children’s iPads unavailable
• 2nd Floor periodicals available upon request
• Continued suspension of Interlibrary Loan services
• Limited TexShare services available
• Proctoring services are unavailable
Following the CDC's recommendation, all events are now virtual library events The use of ALL meeting spaces, including study rooms, has been suspended indefinitely.
Customers can check their accounts online and access all electronic resources. Contact the library by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 830.401.2422 or by text at 830.549.4698.