Seguin residents are served by a state-of-the-art hospital, as well as an acclaimed kidney dialysis center and senior living facilities.
The new Guadalupe Regional Medical Center located in Seguin, Texas, is a 300,000 square foot ultramodern facility. GRMC is truly one of the finest hospitals in the Central Texas region. The 750 employees and 65 physician specialists work together to keep the community healthy. From the expansive Emergency Department to the Wellness Center, they are ready to serve you and your family.
GRMC is a 125-licensed bed acute care facility. Each year, the hospital admits approximately 5,300 patients, serves 111,000 outpatients, treats 30,000 Emergency Department visits, delivers more than 750 babies, and performs 3,000 surgeries. In the summer of 2013, GRMC welcomed a Methodist AirCare helicopter and flight crew to help quickly get a trauma patient or somebody from an automobile accident from point A to point B. For more information click here.
GRMC provides quality care, advanced technology and expert clinical support throughout Central Texas in Guadalupe, Caldwell, Comal, Dewitt, Gonzales, Hays, Karnes, and Wilson counties.
GRMC was recently named among America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery in a report released by HealthGrades, the nation’s most trusted, independent source of hospital quality ratings. GRMC is the only hospital in both the Austin and San Antonio regions* to receive this prestigious distinction, solidifying GRMC as both a local and national leader in Orthopedic services.
Additionally, GRMC is the only hospital in the Austin and San Antonio regions* ,out of 47 total hospitals, to be ranked among the top 5% in the nation for Overall Orthopedics in 2012 and the only recipient of the HealthGrades Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award™ in 2012. GRMC is the regional leader in Orthopedics for Austin and San Antonio as the only hospital in the region* 5-Star rated in six Orthopedic specialties:
- Overall Orthopedic Services in 2012
- Joint Replacement for 4 Years in a Row (2009 – 2012)
- Spine Surgery in 2012
- Total Knee Replacement for 4 Years in a Row (2009 – 2012)
- Hip Fracture Treatment for 5 Years in a Row (2008 – 2012)
- Back and Neck Surgery (Spinal Fusion) in 2012.
Other key findings of the HealthGrades 2011 Healthcare Consumerism and Hospital Quality in America report include:
- GRMC is ranked #5 in Texas for Overall Orthopedic Services out of more than 580 hospitals in the state of Texas.
- GRMC is Best Rated by HealthGrades for Overall Orthopedic Services in both the Austin and San Antonio Regions* for 2012.
- GRMC is ranked in the top 5% of nearly 5,000 hospitals nationwide for overall orthopedics.
- 1 of only 3 hospitals in the Austin and San Antonio Regions 5-Star Rated for Gynecological Surgery for 2011.
The ratings from HealthGrades are based on objective publicly available data obtained directly from the Centers for Medicare Services and from all payer data obtained from states.
For more information on any of the hospital’s programs or services, please call (830) 379-2411. For physician referral, please call (830) 303-4846.
Kidney Disease Clinic of Seguin
The quality dialysis center offers Hemo Dialysis Monday – Saturday. Located at 128 South Moss Street #500, the facility has 20 stations with individual TVs available to each patient. They also provide refreshments. Wheelchairs, oxygen and isolation areas are available as needed.
The clinic provides service to English and Spanish speaking patients.
The clinic accepts Medicare. The provider number is: 452545.
For more information, please call 830-379-9771.
Assisted, Nursing and Senior Living Facilities
- Well-trained and caring staffers are available to assist residents 24 hours a day with showering, dressing, grooming, housekeeping, laundry.
- The health and safety of residents is a priority. A licensed nurse is on site daily (M-F) and every apartment has an emergency call system. Assistance with medications is available.
- Excellent amenities and services: free access to satellite and telephone service;
- full-service beauty and barber shop; mini-kitchen in each apartment; spa facility with whirlpool; daily social / recreational activities; scheduled transportation.
- The common areas are tastefully designed with lovely antiques and comfy furniture. It feels warm and welcoming to family and friends.
- The home cooking is simply the best. Three meals daily, with lots of nutritious, delicious choices.
- Voted “Best Assisted Living in Guadalupe County” in 2012 by readers of the Seguin Gazette-Enterprise.
Located at 953 South Highway 123 Bypass in Seguin, 78155. For more information, visit the website, www.argentcourt.com or call (830) 372-1177. Personal tours available by appointment.
- 150 bed comprehensive nursing center providing quality nursing and rehabilitation services.
- Newly developed Express Recovery unit, provides a dedicated rehabilitation gym, patient rooms with Hill Rom electronic beds, flat screen televisions with cable, separate entrance and amenities to ease the transition from hospital to home.
Located at 1210 Eastwood Drive Seguin, TX 78155. For more information please call, (830) 379-9308.
- Skilled nursing facility located in offering Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy, as well as out-patient therapy within the community.
- Expert 24-Hour Nursing Care by licensed professionals in a controlled environment while maintaining individual dignity and independence.
- Secure Unit and Wander Guard system allows individuals with dementia to be as independent as possible.
- Hospice Care at provides a peaceful and compassionate approach for our patients.
- Respite Care is offered to allow caregivers temporary placement when their loved ones need 24-hour supervision.
- The only certified Veterans Administration (VA) contract in Guadalupe County.
Located at 1637 North King Street Seguin, TX 78155. For more information please call, (830) 379-3784.
- Third-generation, family-owned and operated, skilled nursing facility.
- Wide array of recovery and rehabilitation services for short- and long-term stays.
- Floor-to-ceiling renovation and expansion was completed in the fall of 2009.
- Recovery Program is focused on the individual who needs transitional care services after his or her hospital stay.
- Helps individuals return home to the community as well as provide long term services for those who may require our care for an extended time.
- Services are tailored to each individual with the goal of facilitating increased strength and mobility while minimizing pain and impairment.
- 115 rooms, 5 private rooms.
Located at 1339 Eastwood Drive Seguin, TX 78155. For more information please call, (830) 379-3900.
- Skilled and professional staff to assist with activities of daily living such as dressing, showering, and medication.
- Housekeepers to help with day-to-day housekeeping needs.
- Beauty and barber shop for hairstyling, manicures, and pedicures.
- Home-made meals known around town prepared from scratch.
- Local business operated by owner and daughter serving Seguin and surrounding area in Guadalupe County.
- Voted "Best Assisted Living in Guadalupe County" for 2010 and 2009 by readers of the Seguin Gazette-Enterprise!
Located at 226 Preston Drive, Seguin, TX 78155. For more information please call, (830) 379-8882.
- 122-bed facility offers in long-term care and is staffed by licensed registered nurses, licensed vocational nurses, certified medication aides, and certified nurses aides.
- Both Medicare and Medicaid certified.
- Skilled nursing care for those needing personalized therapy programs and rehabilitation services for those who need interim care before returning to their own homes.
Located at 1219 Eastwood Drive Seguin, TX 78155. For more information please call, (830) 379-7777.