SEGUIN, Texas – The City of Seguin invites residents to attend a public meeting/open house to learn about improvements that are planned for Cordova Road. The meeting will be held from 5 to 7 pm on Thursday, Dec. 7, 2023 at the City of Seguin Utilities Operation Center (main meeting room), located at 3027 N. Austin Street in Seguin.
Those planning to attend may come and go at their convenience.
During the meeting, attendees will have an opportunity to review project information, engage with project team members and City staff, and share their input.
Meeting materials and comment opportunities will be available on a project webpage -http://www.seguintexas.gov/1320/Cordova-Road from Thursday, Dec. 7 until Friday, Dec. 29, 2023.
Share your Comments
Comments are encouraged and can be submitted until Friday, Dec. 29, 2023 via:
• Email – CordovaRoad@cdandp.com
• Mail – Cordova Road, c/o CD&P, PO Box 5459, Austin, TX 78763
• Web – seguintexas.gov/1320/Cordova-Road
About the Project
The City of Seguin identified the need for improvements to Cordova Road in 2020 when updating its Master Thoroughfare Plan (now the Comprehensive Plan) following an ETJ swap with the City of New Braunfels near SH 46 and Cordova Road.
This area of Seguin is growing with several developments under construction and more expected in the near future. The City is working in coordination with Guadalupe County and TxDOT to move the project forward.
Proposed Improvements on Cordova Road from SH 46 to SH 123:
• Widen from a 2-lane undivided road to a 4-lane roadway with a center-turn lane or raised median
• Add a shared-use path for both pedestrians and bicyclists on both sides of the roadway
• Realign the roadway at SH 46 to create a traditional 4-way intersection with Three Oaks Road
• Realign the roadway near SH 123 to avoid impacts to the historic Big Red Barn and existing electrical substation
• Additional right of way would be needed to construct the improvements.