The City of Seguin Main Street has a "FIX IT" Facade Improvement Program that provides reimbursement for approved applicants for work on the exterior facade of property located in the Downtown Historic District providing up to a maximum 50% or a dollar-for-dollar reimbursement of up to $10,000 per property per grant funding cycle.
The Main Street Program is currently accepting applications for projects in the FY2023 funding cycle. Applications will need to be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, November 17, 2022, to the Seguin Main Street Office. If there are still funds available after the first round, there will be a second call for applications later in the year. For the community to achieve the maximum benefit, applications will be reviewed on the following criteria:
- Application submitted by the stated deadline and completed correctly.
- Matching funds ratio (Minimum 1:1, 2:1 or greater preferred)
- Location, visibility, and impact on historic integrity of the Downtown Historic District.
- Total number of applications received and funds available.
- Type of proposed improvements; cosmetic or structural.
- Completion of previously funded projects.
- Improvements only to the exterior of the building.
- Current in payment of city utilities and local property taxes (city, county, SISD).
- Reimbursement will be made after the completion of the work and upon evidence of paid receipts.
Download the PDF below for the complete Application and Guidelines for the FY 2023 "FIX IT" Facade Grant.
"FIX-IT" Facade Application & Guidelines (PDF)