- Summer 2023 Events
- Children's Events
- Summer Reading Experience
- Kids / Preteens Summer Reading Experience
Kids / Preteens Summer Reading Experience
2023'S THEME IS ALL TOGETHER NOW
Welcome to the Seguin Public Library's Summer Reading Experience! The Summer Reading Experience is a free 8-week celebration of reading and fun challenges and events the library offers through the months of June and July for adults.
2023 Registration is now open! REGISTER HERE
This program is for ages 5 to 11.
You will need to pick up a gameboard from the library. Earn free books for reading together, along with a chance to win raffle prizes.
How to play
Complete the Community Gameboard to win free books, brag tags and prizes! Complete all squares & enter the ticket for the Grand Prize drawing of your choice. Complete more than one gameboard for more chances to win.
- Complete the first 5 squares to earn a free book
- Complete each corner of the gameboard to earn a Brag Tag (limit 4)
- Complete the entire gameboard and earn a second free book and a raffle ticket for our prize drawing.
- You can always substitute an event or activity for 30 minutes of reading.
- Get rewarded for reading this summer. For every book you read, program you attend, or activity you complete, the closer you are to completing your gameboard.
- Complete the gameboard and submit your ticket beginning on June 3rd for the Summer Prize Raffles.
- Only registered participants are eligible for the Raffle Prizes.
- Complete more than one gameboard for more chances to win.
- Saturday, June 3rd, 11 a.m. - Kickoff Party with Balloon Storytelling
- Wednesday, June 7th, 3 p.m. - Chess Club
- Events & activities every Thursday at 10 am, June 8th - July 20th
- Thursday, June 8th, 11 a.m. - Animals - Service Dogs & Pets
- Thursday, June 15th, 11 a.m. - Community Heroes - Fire & Police
- Thursday, June 22nd, 11 a.m. - Sports - Seguin River Monsters
- Thursday, June 29th, 11 a.m. - Charlie Bee Company
- Thursday, July 6th, 11 a.m. - Foam Party
- Thursday, July 13th, 11 a.m. - Art & Music
- Thursday, July 20th, 11 a.m. - Science Show with Daniel Benes
- Monday, June 12th, 9:30 a.m. - Guided Nature Walks at Park West 601 N. Vaughan Avenue Seguin, TX 78155 with staggered start times 9:30 a.m. - 10 a.m.
- Thursday, June 15th, 3 p.m. - Preteen STEAM Night Registration Required
- Wednesday, June 21st, 3 p.m. - LEGO Club
- Wednesday, June 28th, 3 p.m. Coding Club Registration Required
- Thursday, June 29th, 3 p.m. - Preteen Gaming
- Wednesday, July 5th, 3 p.m. - Chess Club
- Monday, July 10th, 9:30 a.m. - Guided Nature Walks at Park West 601 N. Vaughan Avenue Seguin, TX 78155 with staggered start times 9:30 a.m. - 10 a.m.
- Preteen Escape Room: Wednesday, July 12th, 3 pm. Registration required, opens June 15th
- Wednesday, July 19th, 3 p.m. - LEGO Club
- Thursday, July 20th, 3 p.m. - Preteen STEAM Night - Registration Required
- Wednesday, June 26th, 3 p.m. Coding Club - Registration Required
- Wednesday, August 2nd, 3 p.m. - Chess Club
- Thursday, August 3rd, 3 p.m. - Preteen Gaming
2023 Raffle Prize List:
- LEGO Fire Station Set
- LEGO Friends Pet Adoption Set
- Schlitterbahn Tickets
- ZDT's Wristbands
- Kodak Printomatic Camera
- Sphero Specdrums
Registration begins May 26th, register online
The last day to submit this ticket is July 20, 2023. Prize drawings will be live-streamed on July 21, 2023 at 11am on the library's Facebook page @SeguinPublicLibrary