The City of Seguin is looking for qualified and committed individuals interested in a professional Fire/EMS career. We are hiring for the following position (click links for details):
January 9, 2024 - Testing & Physical January 18, 2024 - Board Interview
February 21, 2024 - Testing & Physical February 29, 2024 - Board Interview
- Must be at least 18 years of age by the time of entrance examination.
- Must be a high school graduate or its equivalent (Texas Department of Education Equivalency Certificate).
- Must have valid Texas Driver's License.
- Must be able to lawfully respond to an emergency from residence within 1 hour.
- Must be able to operate all emergency vehicles.
Certifications: Must be a certified Firefighter/Paramedic or Certified Firefighter enrolled in Paramedic School within 6 months. of graduation or, Certified Paramedic.
An applicant is ineligible if there are any of the following items on his/her record:
- Conviction of a felony or other crimes involving moral turpitude. Any discharge from the Armed Forces other than an Honorable Discharge.
- Three hazardous moving traffic violation convictions one year prior to date of application or three negligent vehicle accidents two years prior to date of application.
- More than two misdemeanor convictions within the last two years prior to date of application.
- A Driving While Intoxicated/Impaired (DWI) conviction within the last five years.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and complete all phases of the application process as listed below will be considered for employment with the City of Seguin Fire Department:
- Written Exam Score of 70% or higher
- Physical Ability Test. - Include Stair Climb, Ceiling Breach and Pull, Hose Drag, Vertical Ventilation, Equipment Carry and Victim Rescue
° Physical Ability Test Criteria (PDF)
- Oral Interview Board
- Background Investigation
- Drug Screen, Physical, WorkSTEPS and Psychological
- Training/Employment Agreement is required for fire recruit applicants
How to Apply
Persons who meet the minimum qualifications may complete an online application. Please contact Fire Administration for questions or additional information at 830-401-2310. AA/EOE Employer.