Engineering provides development regulation for traffic and drainage, engineering plan review, infrastructure construction inspection, stormwater management, floodplain study reviews, and support to other departments. Engineering's goal is to ensure that all proposed developments and capital improvement projects meet and are in compliance with city requirements and standards.
- New developments requesting street or drainage information must schedule a development meeting.
- Development meetings are held with city staff on Wednesday only (unless holiday) at the Development Services Center located at 108 E Mountain Street.
- To schedule a development meeting, contact Francis Serna, Planning Assistant at 830-386-2505.
- For specific Inquiries for Engineering staff, contact Capital Projects and Engineering at 830-401-2776.
Maintenance Bonds are received through the Capital Projects and Engineering Department. All requirements reflect the City of Seguin Unified Development Code Chapter 2. When submitting a Bond the following is required:
- All Maintenance Bonds must use the form (PDF) acceptable to the City Engineer and the City Attorney.
- Maintenance Bond must be signed by Principal and Surety.
- Engineer of Record cost estimate (signed and sealed).
- Recent pay application from Contractor (signed).
- Subdivision construction permit number issued by the City must be on all paperwork.
Performance Bonds are received through the Capital Projects and Engineering Department. All requirements reflect the City of Seguin Unified Development Code Chapter 2. When submitting a Performance Bond the following is required:
- All Performance Bonds must use the form (PDF) acceptable to the City Engineer and the City Attorney.
- Performance Bond must be be signed by the Principal and Surety.
A permit to work on a City Street is required when installing a curb, sidewalk, driveway to the end of the street, utility cut or any other work performed in the city's right-of-way. Additional information is below:
Utility Service Availability
- To obtain utility service availability, please contact Daniel Bermudez, Asset Manager at (830) 386-2208.
- Complete Application for Utility Service and Analysis (PDF): submit with payment by check to Pam Herrera, Capital Project/Engineering Assistant, 108 E Mountain, Seguin, Texas 78155