New Utility Accounts & Billing
The City Of Seguin Strives to:
Be prudent in the use of resources both natural and physical,
Cooperate with other governments, public and private entities, and fellow citizens and co-workers,
Work with the safety, health, and well being of our community first and foremost in our minds,
Provide quality services in a courteous and efficient manner.
You may now pay your Utility Bill Online!
To pay your Utility bill, please click the Pay Now button.
For customers that have more than one account, please enter each account as a separate transaction.
PAYMENTS MADE AFTER 10:00 p.m. WILL NOT BE POSTED AS A SAME DAY PAYMENT.
IF YOU ARE MAKING A PAYMENT FOR A FINAL NOTICE AND THE DATE HAS PAST, IT IS BEST TO CALL YOUR PAYMENT IN AT 830-401-2460.
Please call 830-401-2460 for rate information.
- Cash, check, money order, traveler’s check, or credit/debit cards (Visa, Master Card, and Discover) are accepted.
- You may also pay online at http://www.seguintexas.gov/residents/new_accounts_billing .
- Bank drafting is available.
- You may mail your payment to PO Box 591 Seguin, TX, 78156, pay at City Hall located at 205 N River St, (inside or drive-thru) or drop in the night box. The night drop box is located on the door facing River St and in the Public Parking lot on N. River between Mountain and Walnut.
- You may pay by credit/debit card over the phone or mail in your card information by filling out the back of your bill.
- A fee of $30.00 is required on all returned checks/bank drafts. Other fees/penalties may be assessed depending on status of account.
- Residential customers only
- Must have a 12 month history at current service location
- Cannot have any outstanding bills/charges and must keep bill current at all times
- Cannot have been on the cut-off list or been disconnected within last 12 months
- Cannot have any insufficient funds checks/drafts
- Name on the account must the same as Budget Billing applicant
According to Texas Utilities Code Chapter 182.002 and 182.003, an elderly individual age 60 or older, may request a delay without penalty the payment date of a bill for utility services provided to them until the 25th day after the date the bill is issued. This applies only to residential customers and those that occupy the entire premises for which a delay is requested. These sections also allows for an elderly person to request a delay without penalty of subsequent bills.
- 60 or older.
- Residential customers only.
- If eligible for the exemption you must come to our office with your ID and sign our senior citizen form.
Requirements for Commercial service:
Please contact: Utility Billing 830-401-2460
Requirements for Residential service:
- All locations must meet the city's code compliance regulations
Inspections are needed for locations:
- Any time a residence has not had service for more than a year.
- All mobile homes.
- Any residence that has been red- tagged or placed on the Building and Standards list.
- An application is required for utility service on the city’s prescribed form.
- The application must be in the legal name of the person requesting utility service.
- All applications for service must be done in person at our office by the person requesting service.
- A lease/rental agreement or proof of ownership is also required for anyone requesting service.
- A valid Texas driver’s license or Texas identification card is required.
- An out of state drivers license is accepted for first time service only, thereafter a valid Texas driver’s license or Texas identification card will be required
A report from Online Utility Exchange will be used to determine if a deposit is required.
- $ 150.00 Electric
- $ 50.00 Water
- $ 60.00 Water (outside City Limits)
- $ 25.00 Garbage Only Accounts
- Security deposits are held for three years. After three years with no insufficient funds checks or disconnects for non-payment your security deposit will be applied to your account.
- If you move within the city’s service area the security deposit will transfer with you, however if the customers credit history is not acceptable, additional deposits may be required.
- If service is terminated, the security deposit will be applied to your final bill.
- Same day connection for new service—Application, and security deposit paid before 2:00 pm, provided location meets code compliance requirements.
- Requests made after 2:00 pm will be done the next business day.
- Reconnection for non-payment--Payment must be received before 2:00 pm or service will be reconnected on next business day.
- See below for After Hours connections.
- The signature of the account holder is required to a disconnect services and you will need a valid DL or ID to do so.
- Faxed, mailed, or emailed requests for disconnection are accepted. They must include name on utility account, DL or ID number, telephone number, date service is to be disconnected and forwarding address.
- Same day disconnects are available if requested by 2:00 p.m. if time permits, otherwise it will be disconnected the next business day.
- $ 25.00 Residential Electric
- $ 25.00 All Water
- $ 30.00 Commercial/LPL/Industrial Electric
- $ 25.00 Security Light, Per Light
- These charges will appear on your first month’s bill.
Security Light set up fee:
- $ 100.00 Existing Pole, 100 or 150 Watt
- $ 250.00 Installation of Wood Pole, 100 or 150 Watt
- $430.00 Existing Pole, 1500 Watt
- $580.00 Installation of Wood Pole, 1500 Watt
- Steel Or Composite Pole-Actual Cost
After Hours Connections:
- Transactions after 2:00 p.m. weekdays
- $ 40.00 Electric
- $ 40.00 Water
- These charges must be paid in advance and are in addition to regular connection charges.
If your bill is not paid by the final payment date, it will appear on the cutoff list and will have the following administrative fees applied:
- $20.00 Electric
- $20.00 Water
- $20.00 Garbage Only Accounts
- The city provides garbage service for residential customers only. This includes one ninety-gallon container per residence.
- The garbage container must be set out at the curbside or alley no later than 6.00 a.m.
- If additional carts are needed you must come to our office and fill out an application. There will be an additional fee per additional cart billed to your account each month.
Items that will not be picked up are:
- Construction debris-lumber, plywood, carpeting, ect.
- Hazardous chemicals/Materials-paints, tires
- Appliances with Freon
- Please note only eight bags of leaves or yard trimmings will be picked up per week.
For Items that cannot be picked-up you may contact the following County Collection Stations for hours of operation and fees:
Kingsbury Landfill 830-372-1754
Seguin Collections 830-372-3984
Marion Collection 830-420-2810
Companies approved to pick up Commercial Garbage within the City of Seguin:
Standard 210-310-1009 Allied Waste 210-661-4104 IESI 830 -401-4209
- The brush collection service entitles each resident to 15 minutes of brush/limb collection during your area’s scheduled collection week each month, free of charge.
- Brush will be picked up between Monday and Friday of your collection week and must out by that Monday morning to assure pick-up.
- Brush/Limbs should be cut and stacked neatly at the edge of your street or curb line of your residence, not on the street. If you have alley pick-up, brush should be placed at the property line adjoining the city alley, please do not block any portion of the alley. Brush shall be limited to five (5) feet in length, twelve (12) inches in diameter (this is the maximum diameter that our chippers can accept), and forty (40) pounds in weight for any single branch.
Brush collectors cannot remove the following items:
- Mixed Piles (garbage, lumber or bulky items)
- Yard trimmings (leaves, grass, ect. should be bagged for garbage pick-up, IESI will pick up six bags per week)
- Banana plants, palm leaves, cactus or bamboo (These items must be bundled or placed in garbage container.)
- For larger piles, out of route pickups or more information contact the Public Works Department at (830)-401-2416
Free Woodchip Mulch is available for Seguin residential customers at Recycling Center on Fred Byrd Drive.
Curb side Residential $3.00 per month
Items collected- NO SORTING NECESSARY
Rinsed plastic bottles
Rinsed metal cans
TIRES NOT ACCEPTED
NO COMMERCIAL ALLOWED
Date: August 25, 2014, 4:34PM
Public Hearing on Proposed FY 2014-2015 Budget
A public hearing on the proposed FY 2014-2015 City of Seguin budget will be held September 2 at 5:30 p.m. in City Council Chamber, located at 210 East Gonzales Street.
Date: July 17, 2014, 11:19AM
City of Seguin water customers are in Normal/Awareness Water Stage:
Wine-Tasting at Blue Lotus Winery and Texas Mead Works
Date: July 5, 2014 12:00 PM - July 5, 2014 5:00 PM
Location: 5151 FM 20, Seguin, Texas 78155
Public Hearing on Proposed FY 2014-2015 City of Seguin Budget
Date: September 2, 2014 5:30 PM - September 2, 2014 6:30 PM
Location: City Council Chamber - 21- East Gonzales Street