GUADALUPE REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
Serving as the central hub of a healthcare system serving eight counties, Seguin's Guadalupe Regional Medical Center (GRMC) continues to grow and gather accolades in customer satisfaction, services provided and quality of care. In 2010 GRMC embarked upon a $102 million dollar renovation and expansion project that has resulted in a 300,000 square foot ultra-modern facility designed to meet the healthcare needs in a region whose population grew at a staggering 48 percent between 2000 and 2010. For more information on services offered at GRMC, visit their website here.
Guadalupe Regional Medical Center Achievements and Honors:
- Named to America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery by HealthGrades, an independent source of hospital quality ratings. GRMC is the only hospital in either the Austin or San Antonio regions to receive this prestigious distinction.
- Ranked in Top 5% in the Nation for Overall Orthopedics in 2013. GRMC is also the only hospital in the Austin or San Antonio regions to receive this ranking.
- 5-Star Rating for Gynecological Surgery in 2011. GRMC is one of only three hospitals in the Austin and San Antonio regions to earn this rating.
- The GRMC Birthing Center received a 99 percentile ranking in overall patient satis-faction in 2011.
- GRMC was the only recipient in its region to earn the HealthGrades Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award in 2012.
Interestingly, GRMC is the only remaining hospital in Texas to be jointly owned by a city (Seguin) and county (Guadalupe). Each year, the hospital admits more than 5,300 patients, serves 111,000 outpatients, treats 30,000 emergency department visits, delivers more than 750 babies, and performs 3,000 surgeries.
Guadalupe Regional Medical Center Patient Care Highlights:
- 25-bed ER with All Private Beds
- 125 Licensed Beds
- 6 state-of-the-art Operating Rooms
- Birthing Center with two C-Section Operating Suites
- Endoscopy Center
- Wound and Hyperbaric Medicine Center
- New Laboratory
- 64-Slice CT Scanner